Friday, February 20, 2009

Upon Leaving the City

Texas may be best bet!

I grew up in an Indiana that had some great things going for it. We had high school basketball unparalleled anywhere else in the country. It was not divided on “Classes”. Now our Class Ball is unsatisfying to say the least.

I grew up in an Indiana, where we had the best pure sweet corn this side of Iowa, and I think it better then their corn. But Monsanto and the GMF/GMO take over has just about ruined that.

My life has all been lived in Marion except for some month long work adventures elsewhere.

When I was growing up in Marion there was a sign near the VA on 38th street which proclaimed:

Marion Indiana
Population 40, 000 (and maybe about one hundred or less more I can’t remember the exact figure)

Marion at that time was a second class city by Indiana Code. It was a good place to live.

However now we are here:

From Indiana Code: (IC)

IC 36-4-1-1 Version a
Basis of classification
Note: This version of section amended by P.L.64-2004, SEC.34. See also following version of this section amended by P.L.81-2004, SEC.46.
Sec. 1. (a) Municipalities are classified according to their status and population as follows:
STATUS AND POPULATION CLASS
Cities of 600,000 or more First class cities
Cities of 35,000 to 599,999 Second class cities
Cities of less than 35,000 Third class cities

We are now, and have long been, a third class city. In all the growth of IWU in the last fifteen years, we have seen negative growth in the City. (around 28,000 when lots of visitors are in town, no doubt for a festival in Gas City and Fairmount, or an Orkville Wildcat Festival)

With depression arising daily in the whole of the country, the long-term unemployed in Marion must know, that this city will offer them little hope in the future. No matter what good you remember about this city, you can’t afford to live here with no jobs and taxes rising exponentially. Fact is with the Seybold government, there is little goodness left here.

Presently, there are only a few places with economies that are not stagnant in the US.

Concerning the rest of the Nation, don’t believe the unemployment figures. They report less then half. As we see with the collapsing dollar and the collapsing economy, you can white wash cancer but it will still kill you.

I have gone back and forth in my mind, trying to make the decision as if I am to stay and fight evil in Marion and proclaim the kingdom of my mighty God, Jah, or to move on to another battle.

To the long-term unemployed, I recommend you leave the city if you can. Go south, Texas near Houston, and San Antonio still have strong economies. (And you won’t freeze to death there, as many did this winter in Indiana)

Alas I must also go, because I have no gainful employment. I have tried to get support for my ministry but as Jah told me six years ago, my voice has been rejected, and then a few months later, I have been rejected.

Marion, I will pray for you. I have some that once were important in my life, who still must exist in you, for a while. Selah

No comments: